Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hi Everyone,
I've never written a blog before, so here it goes.
A little bit about myself, I'm a twenty-five year old author and attorney in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  I have a bachelor's degree in history and political science and a law degree from Michigan and Ontario, Canada. 
I've been writing since the third grade and have never stopped.  I have only recently discovered the romance genre and am completely in love with it.  Combining my obsession with Jane Austen and the Regency period, I thought it would be fun to try and write historical romances, particularly Regency romances. 


If you have any questions about me, writing, novels or just anything feel free to comment! 
Question for my followers? What is your favorite genre and why are you drawn to it?

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Lauren. You write whatever your heart tells you to write. Also, if you have not heard of it, there is a Jane Austen Society. A. McCabe can tell you more about it. Sounds like something you would really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren. I'm strictly regency. Makes the research process easier and I do love the time frame, manners, challenges of writing it, clothes, food, scary medical practices. Yeah, there's a lot I like about the regency period. But it's gotta be British.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren...congrats on the blog. I still haven't tackled one myself, but I really should. My favorite genre to write is suspense, followed closely by paranormal. Probably because I love creepy stuff, love scary movies, love reading suspense, love that feeling of danger and fear...I'm twisted, what can I say? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors, Lauren. Very nice job. A lot of people (writers) use their blog to set their 'brand'. You write historical so write about things historic and informative at times. Let yourself into the page whatever you write. Editors and agents do visit blogs/websites and when you talk about yourself it helps them get to know 'the person behind the books' and to decide if you are someone they would want to work with at any given point. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say I am so glad I got you to read steamy romances when I did? If not ... well ... those steam scenes ... sigh.

    As you know - I read near everything. My favourite right now is mashups (does that qualify as a genre yet?). I just finished "Mr. Darcy, Vampyr" - and though the ending was meh, the rest was rivetting! I think I am drawn to this series due to the nature of the mashup - a little tongue and chic, a lot modernizing a classic, and yet those tones of good literature under it all ... sigh ...

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete